Coronet no.3 lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stickman

Reaction score
Hi all
Looking for a little help, I’ve recently acquired a Coronet no. 3 from a house clearance.
The reason I’m seeking help with is that there is only one wire leading from the junction box on top of the motor. This leads to the on off switch.
There is a hole for another cable but I’m left wondering?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Stickman

Best advice is get a qualified electrician to wire it up. As you may get many different answers here and if it goes wrong then the outcome could be nasty. Being an ex plant mechanic and having to repair many electrical tools I have seen some very dodgy machines that people have tried to repair

First rule of good D.I.Y. -
1/ When you're not sure, stop. Get someone else.
:D

I remember calling an electrician friend in for a job. When he'd done he said Phil, why did you call me? you could have done that yourself no problem. I replied that I wasn't sure. Sorry, he said, you're perfectly right - good call.

Thanks both for your prompt response.
Yes that was the coarse I intended upon, it’s just that the first question I will probably be asked is what is the purpose of the cable and what goes on the end of it?
So has any one got a Coronet no.3 and can share this information and possibly a photo?

Thanks again

Stickman

Thanks for the reply.
No the cable to the switch is clearly to be seen.
There is an hole on the side with a rubber seal around the edge, there was a four core cable leading from it, but not connected to any thing.
The capacitor is fine, but I know that some motors have both a start and run capacitor.
So I’m sa little perplexed?

Regards
Stickman

Back