Quangsheng vs Wood River (Jointer and Jack Plane):

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The infil plane and the 043 plough have the Luban mark on them. I think some of the others do as well.

Woody2Shoes":3tpu2eue said:
JohnPW":3tpu2eue said:
I understand Quangsheng planes are completely devoid of any maker's name or branding, and they are completely anonymous, why is that?

If I was choosing, I would go for Woodriver, at least their planes has "Woodriver" on them. And also I quite like the knuckle joint design and no one else offers it.

The QS planes are pretty much devoid of branding - I assume this is to keep down manufacturing cost. I note that the branding on LN planes is pretty minimal too. I really don't see why brand marking makes any difference to the usefulness of the tool (in fact, as I mentioned previously, the WR logo on the main casting is a pain in the... finger!).

What do you mean by "knuckle joint design"?

Cheers, W2S

I believe the poster is referring to the block plane knuckle cap, similar to the Stanley 15 and 18.

phil.p":35xpdt51 said:
Well. As the plane was apparently invented by Mr. Luban it's only right his name's on some of them. :D
Are you sure they were invented by Mr Luban? I thought they were invented my Mr Woo - or at least he was the driving force behind them. Hence the name Woo driver...

I'll get my coat.

Cheers, Vann.

Vann":zcytnc5c said:
phil.p":zcytnc5c said:
Well. As the plane was apparently invented by Mr. Luban it's only right his name's on some of them. :D
Are you sure they were invented by Mr Luban? I thought they were invented my Mr Woo - or at least he was the driving force behind them. Hence the name Woo driver...

I'll get my coat.

Cheers, Vann.

Dear oh dear!

You'll be telling us next that Mr Woo had a next-door neighbour called Mr Scroo ....

( ***Dives under bench to avoid flying offcuts*** )

Cheshirechappie":ktxnkap7 said:
Vann":ktxnkap7 said:
phil.p":ktxnkap7 said:

I'll get my coat.

Cheers, Vann.

Dear oh dear!

You'll be telling us next that Mr Woo had a next-door neighbour called Mr Scroo ....

( ***Dives under bench to avoid flying offcuts*** )

and his brother Bus....

Back