Best Blade to cut Segments?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulkane1

Established Member
Reaction score
Could someone kindly tell me,what circular Saw Blade I should buy to cut Segments for Woodturning?I have a Axminister 10 inch Tablesaw,I want to buy a good make of blade to cut segments,I am told Freud make a good Blade,which model no ,I am not sure.Could someone help me out on this matter.

Paul

As always its such a simple idea to do the reverse cut to avoid tear out after years of doing it wrong thanks for your post it only goes to rove you are never too old to learn. :D

Distressed by the lack of/ number of replies to this OPs question, so here’s my two penorth. I use a Wedgie Sled on my Axminster TS250 to cut wedges for my segmented turning. The original general blade that came with the saw was sort of ok with most woods, but had some breakout. I bought a crosscut blade (60tpi I think) from the Axminste range and this has been superb. At least with the timbers I have used it with. I get ve4y clean cuts and rarely have to resort to further sanding. I have been totally happy with the Axminster supplied (Excalibur ?) blade and so not looked any further.

Back