Unusual auction item - business for sale!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure why but the computer decided I might be interested in buying an engineering business:

The link is here

Interesting way to market it but why not I suppose. For those with your own business here, I couldn’t make much sense of a £20k valuation for a business turning over £90k pa with a pre-wages ‘profit’ of £45k.

Didn’t seem to add up or imply many assets in terms of machine equipment etc one might expect for such a business?

Just interested in the economics etc rather than the specific sale - no connections etc.

Simon

I'm amazed anyone really thinks they are going to sell a business for £20000 plus when the only effort they can be pineappled to put in, is 5 lines on ebay.

I'd assume turning over £89k a year is a one man band, there may be no business, in the sense it's Joe Blogs business and without him people will just use somewhere else. So the £20k will probably get you a few machines.

That had come up on my feed too, not sure how they expect to sell it with so little information!

doctor Bob":1a1mneoa said:
I'm amazed anyone really thinks they are going to sell a business for £20000 plus when the only effort they can be pineappled to put in, is 5 lines on ebay.

I'd assume turning over £89k a year is a one man band, there may be no business, in the sense it's Joe Blogs business and without him people will just use somewhere else. So the £20k will probably get you a few machines.

Yep, has to be a one man band, with variable "wages".

Back