forms for laminating

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
The snow is a'coming!

I am going to make a toboggan over half term with my daughter. We have found enough pictures online to create a plan. The options are steam bending or laminating, and I am going to go with the latter because it looks easier and cheaper. Something like https://www.connox.com/categories/outdo ... abyss.html roughly 1.1m long, 30cm high

I don't have many bits and pieces laying around, so am going to have to buy something to use to make a form for laminating around. It will be a one-off, never to be used again. what is the cheapest/easiest thing to use to make a form from?

cheapest option would be to use an old aluminium pot and clamp the laminations around that a couple of layers at a time

I don't want to sound like a party pooper, but we have a big hill opposite us and by far and away the fastest sledges are the cheap plastic £9.99 ones, the wooden ones are sluggish at best.
Build a go kart instead for the summer.

doctor Bob":cx3p5fib said:
I don't want to sound like a party pooper, but we have a big hill opposite us and by far and away the fastest sledges are the cheap plastic £9.99 ones, the wooden ones are sluggish at best.
Build a go kart instead for the summer.

we probably will get a plastic one too, but it has sparked her interest and I am keen to encourage that. It is as much about building it and having fun doing so than the final product.

Back