• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FTAGH Small tree. Now gone.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
Bit of an odd one for the sale section . Bit of a long shot.
Was gifted this tree as a sapling several years ago. Thanks for that. Never in a position to plant it until this house. Problem is now we have a garden but not a big enough garden the Mrs has decided (quite rightly tbh) that there is no decent space to plant. It's been in a pot too long and needs to go in the ground. Soon as it does I would think its going to go mental.
Walking back from sorting the shed out and the Mrs was having a moment. I saved it from the Pruning Saw Death because, well, it's a tree and it deserves at least a chance of salvation. It's had a (Brutal) close shave but will be fine. Nice looking tree in the right spot in the right garden given time.
This species is a proper tree and will grow big given time to mature.
Collection only if it even needs saying. :|
Mrs want's to keep the pot too. :roll: Course she does. If anyone's wants it I'll black bag the rootball and I'd GUESS it's small enough to go i the backseat/ hatch /boot of your average motor with a little persuasion and/or disregard for any leather seats. Maybe. Will be a tight fit.
Roll up with a van and a decent single malt and we can have a mini version of the Highland Games and a good craic for half an hour.
:D

Shame to see it chopped up tbh.
Do your bit for Global Oxygen Production today Citizen! :D

wrEO9VB.jpg

Hi,
I can give it a new home here
sDJcvQA.jpg

I'm near B. Stortford and have a van. If your happy to let it go, PM me and I'll collect one evening at your convienience.
Regards Bob

Perfect Bob. Although your garden does look a little pokey. :D
Will pm you later to sort out details.

Can anyone else hear that song 'Born Free' playing somewhere or is it just my imagination?

Cheers,
Chris

Well done to you both. My Mrs told me that that's a posh tree and deserves a large garden.
We were going to suggest some midnight guerilla planting to move it into a local park :)

Great thank you, the little fella will soon settle down here, May put him up the top end, he'll have a good view there, I'll keep you informed how he's doing, time will fly past and before you know it he'll be all grown up and fending for himself.
Tuesday evenings not good for me, any other this week or the weekend will be fine.
Regards Bob

Just call it Elsa. That's my one request. Glad the tree is going to a good home Bob. Should be a beauty in a (good) few years and deserves a Proper Garden not my little patch.
Sideways, there was a last legs plan to plant it in the woods at the back once I'd talked the Mrs down from the secateurs, axes and suicide vest. Involved me digging though. :| I have dug enough footings by hand in London Blue over the years to have lost my enthusiasm for digging holes tbh :(

doctor Bob":2ifsl7ec said:
Hi,
I can give it a new home here
sDJcvQA.jpg

I'm near B. Stortford and have a van. If your happy to let it go, PM me and I'll collect one evening at your convienience.
Regards Bob

wow, beautiful garden you have there Bob!

I'd have a whopping big pond if that was mine. (hammer)

Latest posts

Back