Draper 200mm Cast Iron Table saw £200 ?!?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately for me that auction ended on 23 August. I still think its good at 320, thats the whole kit for less than the Ax TS200 which is the same basic saw - ad the stand, extension and slide and its more than 500 quid.

I have to admit that I am tempted by this saw, it is at Yandles for around £280 at the moment. I guess it could be decent if it were placed into a movable bench but I have to wonder at the quality of all the components if it can be sold for so low.

Cthsocial":33hk62c7 said:
Unfortunately for me that auction ended on 23 August. I still think its good at 320, thats the whole kit for less than the Ax TS200 which is the same basic saw - ad the stand, extension and slide and its more than 500 quid.
Agree that the Draper is a better price, but worth pointing out that Axy are on the MK2 of this model now which is different, in that the table is now bigger and the fence is significantly beefier than those on the Draper and other clones.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Don’t wonder, for the money it’s a bargain. Apparently end of the line offer. I had one about 10 years ago (500ish back then) and it was very good so I’ve gone for it again, at this price it’s nigh on impossible to go wrong

Bodgers":12fhhuro said:
Cthsocial":12fhhuro said:
Agree that the Draper is a better price, but worth pointing out that Axy are on the MK2 of this model now which is different, in that the table is now bigger and the fence is significantly beefier than those on the Draper and other clones.

Hi yes, I understand, you could just keep going up and up in the spec you think u need though and before you know it are thinking about blowing 4k on a sedgewick, which I caught myself doing. At this price I will mod it as I go along with the kind advice available on here Cheers tho.

Hi all,

I was lucky enough to bag one of these from Barnes for £200 as well. It's my first table saw so I don't have anything to compare it with, but like many of you before have said, any specific concerns just melted away for that money.

My only issues for now are getting the thing more mobile as it's going to be shifting around a fair bit in my single garage workshop and most importantly, the mitre slots.

I'm having real problems finding a set of horizontal featherboards that will fit the dimensions. I stupidly ordered a bench dog feather-loc thinking these things were universal, not the case is it?

Could anyone recommend some that would fit please?

Jonny G":i0jcss10 said:
Hi all,

I was lucky enough to bag one of these from Barnes for £200 as well. It's my first table saw so I don't have anything to compare it with, but like many of you before have said, any specific concerns just melted away for that money.

My only issues for now are getting the thing more mobile as it's going to be shifting around a fair bit in my single garage workshop and most importantly, the mitre slots.

I'm having real problems finding a set of horizontal featherboards that will fit the dimensions. I stupidly ordered a bench dog feather-loc thinking these things were universal, not the case is it?

Could anyone recommend some that would fit please?

I had the bench dog feather boards. The TS200/250 mitre slots aren't the standard USA mitre slit width. Benchdog is a US brand. You can either grind the bolt heads to fit or buy different t slot bolts.

On the base... I have the Clarke mobile base. Not a fan of Clarke stuff but it is decent value for money and will make your saw mobile. I use mine on my Bandsaw now.

Has anyone managed to get decent dust extraction with a shop vac?

I've improvised with little success using a wet/dry vacuum cleaner. The saw's obviously provided with two hoses which connect to a 100mm port. I didn't bother with trying to adapt the 100mm port to my regular vac hose, as I thought it would just not have enough conductance to fork off to two hoses. Instead I just attached the vac hose directly to the under saw hose, which has just produced a tokenistic effect.

I'm curious as to what other people's solutions are?

I bought the cheap Rutlands 100mm extractor, closed up all the open holes as best I could with tape and it works really well.

Further to my efforts to improve the dust extraction, today I cut a hole in the side of the saw.

Now that I have a smaller riving knife I was missing the crown guard extraction (I may make yet another riving knife to address this, but not at the moment) so wanted to improve the overall extraction within the machine. Since the stock port restricts the 100mm down to about 50mm, I cut a 100mm hole in the side panel of the saw and added a dust port there instead. It seems to work very well, doesn't stop the bits flying off the top of the blade of course but it really captures everything else very well.

Attachments

• IMG_20181119_150044.jpg
    IMG_20181119_150044.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 116
hi guys just joined this forum cause i just bought the draper cast iron tablsaw for £215 that was basic saw and stand no extension tables or sliding carriage so i was looking up for as much info that i could gleam from the interweb wish i new this saw could take 210mm blades befor i spent more cash just bought another 3 200mm blades for it even thought i hade a couple off 210mm blades around the place just hade a coulple off cuts so far in some scrap wood and it seems to do a good cut

thanos999":2a5fo6xy said:
hi guys just joined this forum cause i just bought the draper cast iron tablsaw for £215 that was basic saw and stand no extension tables or sliding carriage so i was looking up for as much info that i could gleam from the interweb wish i new this saw could take 210mm blades befor i spent more cash just bought another 3 200mm blades for it even thought i hade a couple off 210mm blades around the place just hade a coulple off cuts so far in some scrap wood and it seems to do a good cut
The extra 10mm is only getting you barely 5mm extra depth of cut and to be honest, with the power of these, you are better sticker to smaller blades anyway to keep the rotating mass down.

Bodgers":3i2w5gn9 said:
thanos999":3i2w5gn9 said:
The extra 10mm is only getting you barely 5mm extra depth of cut and to be honest, with the power of these, you are better sticker to smaller blades anyway to keep the rotating mass down.

Very true, but 210mm blades are much easier to find.

I bought one of these, just for my kitchen fit out. Cast iron sliding table etc.

But I have used it just twice as I am much quicker with my Mafell track saw on sheet goods on a big 3m by 2m bench set up.

SO if anybody wants mine, I am happy to sell! Collection only. Kent. Near Tunbridge Wells.

I will be selling my much bigger table saw as well, as there is very little that I can't do with my track saw and big band saw, with the work I do.

Bought this and in general it's great for the money. I have modified the extraction and it's improved the dust collection. The fence could be better and the blade plate lacks the 0 clearance but a little tape sorted that.

Latest posts

Back