need new table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meathead

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of selling my kiy 419 which is excellent saw the only thing its to big for my workshop especially with extensions , so i was looking for something i can move around on a stand
I am leaning towards the dewalt 7491 possibly on the stand or i might build a station for it,or am I down grading. anyone have any suggestions.
thanks in advance.

Got rid of my Xcalibur for exactly the same reason. I now have the DeWalt DW745 and so far I'm loving it. Best of all, I can carry it outside (which is where I prefer to work when the weather permits). It's accurate and has a great fence system. The only thing I don't like is it's quite noisy.

thanks for your reply , I have not ruled out the 745 , have u got the stand , if so how tall is it .I'm only a short buttocks the kity was only 31" tall which was ideal for me. I noticed axminster have got a new version of the 745 with a knob to lock the riving knife and a finger hole in the throat plate like the american one , but the question is it worth it £519, when i can get one from another retailer with a loyalty reward of 30 quid off making it 370
aw buy the way.have u changed the stock blade?

The stock blade on the D/W 745 is adequate; had mine on for quite a while after purchase, still use it if wood that might be dodgy needs cutting

I made a table for mine to give about 34 inch height on the surface - about right for me at 5 ft 10 ins

Instead of fitting castor wheels I have some shiny tape stuck to the leg bottoms this makes it easy to slide -- only needs moving about 2 feet or so from the wall

meathead":3d0ira2j said:
Is there a post of owners diy work stations and stands and bases with pics, I lack imagination,
cheers

Goggle "home made table saw" you'll find lots of examples ranging from the basic "circular saw bolted to the underside of a sheet of wood", to very very well made systems using the gubbins of a smaller tablesaw like the 419.

On a related note I got one of those "we think you'll be interested in this" adverts on an unrelated website, and it was this, which made me laugh:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Wood-T ... k:166:pf:0

There are several people who own Kity's 419's (including myself) and apparently the parts are almost interchangeable with the Axminster TS200's it's a direct copy apparently, so maybe instead of selling the whole thing, selling just the extensions and sling mech might be a viable alternative and make a base for the machine itself?

I'm sure there are lots of improv designs for a scissor lift system (wood or aluminium) that folds down, maybe even utilise an old set of sack trucks as the base to bolt a frame to, to wheel it about?

If you'd have posted a month back I'd have bought the sliding mech off you, but someone else on here beat you to it :)

#-o that's so funny , you could carve the turkey at Christmas on it

Attachments

• s-l1600 (11).jpg
    s-l1600 (11).jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 356

Latest posts

Back