Circular saw blade set up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaglesalz5

Reaction score
Hello, I have a felder kappa 40 and the blade is not parallel to the fence or sliding table. The back of the blade is out to the left. Any idea how to adjust this, can't seem to find instructions on the web for this machine. Thanks

Not sure how much yours is out but be careful before making any adjustments.

The rip fence should lead away from the blade by around 0.3mm over a 600mm length, this is adjusted by moving the locking screws attaching the round fence bar to the table bed.

The sliding table should be set up to also lead away from the blade by around the same amount but in the opposite direction, this can also be adjusted but be careful you could cause yourself problems.

I would check with Felder first before doing anything.

Cheers Peter

Personally I prefer the fence to be as parallel as possible. I understand the advantages of the slight toe-out, and that is great for ripping, but if you use you home woodworking saw for lots of other jobs too, like tenoning, or if your fence tilts to the right (like most older saws do) and you then use your fence on the left, then that tiny bit of clearance works against you rather than in your favour.

I published an in-depth treatise on this several years ago, and I've never had cause to change my mind.

But whether you decide that toe-out or perfectly parallel is the way you want to set it up, it must, under no circumstances, be toe-in.

Thank you both for replies. The problem arose when I was cutting and the off cut (it was wedge shape) went in between the blade and table, so much that the blade deflected into the sliding table and took a little bit out of this. So now the blade is not parallel with the fence or the sliding table.

There's a Felder Owners Group Yahoo forum that's helpful and knowledgeable, you'll find more Kappa 40 owners there than here.

Back