Efficiency of finding Allen keys

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
novocaine":30w2bopv said:
woah there cowboy. :lol:
I suggested the same thing, work smart not hard and all that rubbish.
It's OK, I am woahed. I wasn't going off the rails or anything... Just laying on a touch of rant for flavour. :wink:

I'm more dismayed that GCSE students are effectively being used to invent solutions for problems that don't really exist.... well, they exist, but they won't be solved by new products.
That's why I suggest the OP invents something that does address the problem and will work for a wider market and make him/her rich instead of being child labour for some evil corporate marketing company before they're even old enough to vote! :p :lol:

All meant in good nature, of course. :wink:

My home-made solution for drill bits would also work for Allen keys. The labelled numbers are exact mm sizes, but in between, the drills are simply somewhere in between the adjacent mm sizes. This saves having hundreds of holes. It is important to have several holes for each size, as we often acquire duplicates. It is made of hardwood, and for many purposes the holes for the drills are accurate enough to be used as a gauge for finding the right drill for a screw.

This has saved me more time in my workshop than anything else.

Attachments

• drills - 1.jpg
    drills - 1.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 31
Back