Can't believe I didn't think of this before

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might as well use them if they still perform well. I didn't want to go the lithium route purely because I had so many old style battery tools.

I bought some Chinese batteries and put the cells into my knackered Makita battery housings. (the housings don't feel right and don't clip in the same)

It's hit and miss with the Chinese copies though. I had some really good 3Ah ones but also really bad ones.

Ended up selling most tools and you'd be surprised how much interest there is in old Makita stuff. Sold all in a matter of 2-3 weeks. Loved my old 8444D.

The power of the Lithium Makita tools is in a different league compared to the old NiCd/NiMH. My old circular saw was okay but this new one with 4Ah batteries is just relentless. It just loves it's job.

That's what I really like about this forum. I submit a post which is, frankly, a bit basic. I expect two sorts of replies. Firstly a couple saying something like " oh, I never thought of that either" and secondary something like " duuh - are you serious".
What happens though is there are several replies which are helpful and very informative, written by obviously knowledgeable people. Thanks guys.

Another thing that took me ages to think of. I have a leather apron which I use when angle grinding, welding etc, but it was a real hassle trying to tie the strings. Undoing was worse, especially if the bow became a knot. So now I use a bungee cord, one hook bent so as to be permanently closed around one hole in the apron. The other hook goes in the second apron hole, easy to attach and easy to remove. Plus being elasticated, it stays snugly in place.
K

Latest posts

Back