Extra long jigsaw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-wan

Established Member
Reaction score
Do such things exist?

Ideally looking for a blade that will let me make a 15 cm deep cut.

Thanks

Ewan

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lenox make some pretty long ones 150mm I think. Did you have a bunnings near by? They seem to have become Homebase for the 2nd time again. But I got mine from there.

You will need a pretty powerful jigsaw to use them properly.

Like the mafell... :shock: :shock:

Adidat

I hope you dont want straight cuts. standard jigsaws are pretty awful for square cuts. i wouldnt even attempt a 6" in my makita

The longest I am aware of that is easily available is the Bosch T344DP - cuts to 100mm. They make a longer blade, the T744D3, but you will have to hunt around for one. As others have said, the jigsaw isn't a precision tool especially on deep cuts so don't expect miracles.

sunnybob":3bcuc099 said:
I think its cutting exotic wood veneers :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just making homemade feeler gauges nothing to precise

ewan, obviously the veener thing was a joke, but home made feeler gauges?
Is that also a joke? if so, it was too subtle for me :roll: . If not, you now need to give a full explanation =D>

Feeler gauges were also a joke

The posible use for a longer jigsaw blade was as a quicker way to shape a shallow curve at the end of a beam

=D> =D> =D>
But a normal jigsaw blade deforms tremendously on a curve. an over long blade will render your shape utterly useless.
A bandsaw would be the simplest way to make that shape.
If the beam is too long for that, then a power planer (or power file) to remove most of the waste and a power sander to make the final shape.

180mm seem to be the longest. Look for extra long jigsaw blades on Amazon.
I use them for cutting logs.

Reminds me of when I started work in a drawing office, they sent me out to get a set of compass gaps.

Mike

Back