New boy on the block saying hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watchman

Reaction score
Hi
I have just purchased a CL2 complete with stand, chucks , chisels and 100 bowl blanks.

Just waiting for the Foundation course in woodturning book and DVD to arrive.

Been looking on the forum and have already found some important information, Thank you - I needed oil for the spindle so have bought as recommended.

Great forum

A warm welcome, enjoy the learning curve it sure will be steep. it will save you a lot of time and frustration if you can find a local turner to meet up with, a club or some lessons. Keep the sharpening simple and efficient and don't be afraid to get it wrong, but remember the inside has to be smaller than the outside when turning. lol

Welcome to the forum! A CL2 was my first lathe too! Have fun - I definitely found joining a club an excellent way to improve my turning.

Welcome.

Friendly bunch here. No such this as a stupid question but the forum search facility is a useful first point of call as well all started from scratch one day and there are lots of Qs and As at your finger tips.

Also, please post pictures of projects however they turn out (or go wrong) - this really will help you progress as often it will lead to tips or info to Qs you’ve not yet been able to work out you need to ask!

Simon

+1 for what Simon says above. And I'd add, even if you're "only" a turning enthusiast, don't forget to look at the other sections from time to time - all sorts of stuff crops up which could be useful.

Welcome.

Back