Festool Router CMS-OF Insert in Table Saw Wing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superstrat

Established Member
Reaction score
To save floor space I wanted to add a router to my table saw wing but really wanted to use my Festool OF2020 router which, unlike the Bosch or Triton routers, does not have an inbuilt 'lift'. However, the Festool CMS-OF router insert does have a lift but is much larger than the usual standard inserts on the market. So I searched the internet for a solution but couldn't find any info on how to do it.

So, I had a go at a little prototype project which worked well and has become a permanent solution.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 1,558
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,654
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,654
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,654
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,654
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,654
Hello mate
This looks a great addition, very well done :D
I got the axminster 10" trade saw last week but due to the cast iron top having a bad dip it is been returned for a refund.
I was going to try another but I may go with the Harvey saw like yourself and this is the exact saw that axminster will soon also be selling under the name axminster trade by harvey, so we can expect some nice addons for the harvey saw's from axminster / UJK which is exciting.

Hi, more bling than mine but they're great machines, you'll love it.

I recently purchased a couple of Freud blades. One for laminates and sheet materials, the other for ripping. I didn't bother with a cross cut blade as I tend to use my mitre saw for cross cutting or, for wider cuts, a Festool track saw and MFT.

The Freud blades have been fine so far.

I also have a Dado stack which I bought from Woodford's with the saw. I'd like to get a better quality stack but there's limited choice in the UK. Ideally I'd like the Torquata metric set (Australia) but it's expensive and I don't think it's available with the required 30mm bore.

Another thing I purchased was a pair of proper spanners for blade changes (41mm & 24mm). The ones that came with the saw were flat plate and are a bit short so hands got too close to the blade but you need to make sure you don't over tighten due to the extra torque you get with longer spanners.

I also had to put in a suitable power supply for the machine as I only had 13amp sockets in my workshop.

Cheers

Thanks for the good info!
I have always had nice results with freud blades so that's good to know.
Same as you I will just use my festool kapex for most crosscuts and my festool tracksaw for breaking down sheeted goods.
I actually have the same festool router setup as you have along with the table and sliding table but I planned to sell all that to help pay for some of the saw.

cheers

Latest posts

Back