63mm fittings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryS.

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve got some 63mm pipe for some tool hook ups as it seemed more maliable than 100mm and sufficient for things like routers and bandsaws. Problem l now have is I’m struggling to find a decent range of accessories, despite an hour in the internet I’ve had very little success.

Charnwood stock a very small range and Axminster sell a big kit, but otherwise nothing, has anyone else discovered a good source / or alternative product that works?

Thanks

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axminster sell each fitting and blast gates seperately, but the web site isnt user friendly. If youre near a shop call in, or just phone and discuss what you need.

If you want a ride out then yandles in Martock also sell individual pieces, but again might be better to phone first to make sure they have all the bits you want.

Thanks all, the first thing I’m after is a simple flange (I think it’s called) to screw to a piece of wood with a hole in it where I want dust extracted from on my bandsaw.

I’ve been though the links and have found a company on eBay that I think do it so have written to them to confirm which parts I need to make one up. Got to wonder why dust extraction uses such a non standard size, if it was 2 or 3 inch there’d be loads of fittings, but 2.5 hardly anything !

I made flanges for my mitre saw dust collection system.

I cut a guttering downpipe straight connector in half, these have a little shoulder on the outside about 2mm deep.

I then drilled a hole in a few thin sheets of ply that was a tight fit on the smaller outside diameter of the connector and glued the connector in place.

Once the glue set up I trimmed any excess off the connector and planed it flush with the sheet of ply. This worked well and I haven't seen any leaks yet.

Will

OMG, that's exactly what I'm after ! How did I miss that. Thanks Wend :)

Hi Will, i think guttering is 68mm so i don't think i'd get the flexi pipe over it (it isn't that flexible as it's got steel wire in it)

Thanks Peter, just ordered a fence adapter from you

Latest posts

Back