the latest aldi circular saw with laser?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
it's on offer at the moment in aldi, the 1500W circular saw with laser,

just wondered if anyone's used it and if it's any good? I am concerned because it's only £29.99 that it'll be good enough quality, I plan on using one to cut things like hardboard, MDF, chipboard and ply for when I need it, seems very good for the money...

I will be in aldi later today and am very tempted, what do you recon?

regards, Ben.

At 29.99 I reckon it will worth at least 30 quid.
Go look for a precision saw and tell us how many you find for £30.
If you want cheap quick cuts, its a deal. If you want engineering precision and perfect 90 degree right angles, youre in the wrong shop.

If you're only going to be using it once every so often it may be worth a punt, some of the Aldi stuff is pretty good and some of its pretty rubbish too. If you plan on using it often It may be worth the investment in a Makita or Dewalt or *Insert other quality brand names here*.

But for £30 and a 3-year warranty and from what I can read comes with 2 blades, a cast aluminium base (which even some branded saws don't have) and a laser which I haven't seen on a handheld saw before, you can't really knock it, if it goes pop you just get another on the warranty.

thetyreman":2gec941l said:
it's on offer at the moment in aldi, the 1500W circular saw with laser,

just wondered if anyone's used it and if it's any good? I am concerned because it's only £29.99 that it'll be good enough quality, I plan on using one to cut things like hardboard, MDF, chipboard and ply for when I need it, seems very good for the money...

I will be in aldi later today and am very tempted, what do you recon?

regards, Ben.
If you are doing mostly sheet material it might be worth holding out of the tracksaw which comes up every few months.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

the fence on it is about 10mm out of square, so I'm getting my money back on it, not worth wasting your time if you are thinking of getting one.

Can you get the fence back into square at all? I ask only because I bought a cheap Katsu palm router from Amazon, the fence was out of square but it was easy to bend it back into square and now it's fine. But maybe that's not possible with the saw...

El Barto":ndd88ggi said:
Can you get the fence back into square at all? I ask only because I bought a cheap Katsu palm router from Amazon, the fence was out of square but it was easy to bend it back into square and now it's fine. But maybe that's not possible with the saw...

probably could do it but I'd rather not bother, got my money back so am happy, when I need one I'll just hire one out for the week as I plan on batch producing some acoustic treatment made from MDF and other sheet materials which I've been planning for a long time it makes sense from a time/money perspective, because I know I'd hardly ever use one if I owned it.

I actually went past an Aldi today so picked one up (thanks for the heads up). It doesn’t seem too bad for the money.

I don’t know how much use the little laser will get but it seems pretty accurate so may be useful.

For an occasional use tool it might be a bargain although I wish they’d take a leaf out of makita’s book and have the fence and blade on the left...

It seems to be a consistent theme that the Aldi stuff doesn't seem to be up to the same standards as the Parkside Lidl stuff.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

I do buy some Parkside Lidl stuff as we shop there often, sometimes Aldi too but tend to steer away from anything that has a blade in it that spins at high speed. It just scares me.

I've got a Parkside nail/staple gun which looks the same as my Clarke one but in green. Also bought the drill grinder sharpener thing but not used that yet.

I am looking out for the Parkside track saw though. I'm using my Makita 18v circular saw with an aluminium straight edge and can't really stretch to a Makita track saw so could do with having a trial run with a cheapy first.

Back