Jet Vortex Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulkane1

Established Member
Reaction score
My workshop is about 12 sq meters,I am intending to buy a Jet Vortex Chip/Dust Extractor,(if anyone on the forum,has said same model,could they give me their opinion on it) With the vortex model,would I still need to use a ceiling mounted extractor ,or,would the Jet Extractor,be sufficient for my needs?I do mostly woodturning,and,make decorative boxes,All help appreciated.

Hi Paul. I have the Jet Vortex extractorin my workshop. I too am mainly Woodturning, but with some box making and small furniture projects, fretwork intarsia etc. I’m very happy with my extractor, but n truth, I’m not sure it is much better or worse than the other competitors. I have the fine filter cartridge on mine and I’ve never used the bag that came as standard. I do however have the Jet AF500? Ceiling mounted ambient air filter in use, and it sure collects plenty of the fine stuff, as I have to clean out the outer filter every now and then. I use one inlet via a blast gate to extract from my table saw and bandsaw, selectable from another blast gate. The second inlet I use on a 4-5 metre flexible hose via a blast gate. This is my “wandering” collector, used for extracting my lathe, or plugging into my drum sander! Or even just just clamping to a table when power carving or sanding. It’s also used for cleaning the shop floor. Like I said, I’m very happy with mine, but not at all sure if it’s any different to others on the market. One thing I did do however is to power it from a remote switchable power plug that I bought from Maplins, alas no longer with us but other suppliers are available. The remote control for this lives on my apron pocket, and pressing no.3 n the controller switches the extractor on. Just need to check the blast gate settings for the appropriate task.

Back