Thoughts on "Bosch GAS 25 L SFC Professional" extractor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcguitars

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been looking for a decent compact extractor and was looking at the Mirka 1230 L - my workshop is pretty small so compactness is important. I've been offered a used Bosch GAS 25 though for literally half the price of the Mirka so wanted to ask if it's a good unit or if there's anything to be wary of?

thanks!
B

I think that the bosch GAS machines are perfectly good solid professional extractors. The mirka machines are made for them by nilfisk looking at the design similarities who are one of the leading mfrs and make certain models for Makita and milwaukee among others.
There's a pretty decent comparison on the "toolbox buzz" I think it is, youtube channel by Rob (?) Robillard and his buddy. They include one of the bosch GAS machines, a festool, hilti, dewalt (came last) and both a milwaukee and a makita that each look like Nilfisk models.
The bosch comes out mid pack, i don't think that the mirka (nilfisk) would be significantly different.
My only puppy with the mirka was they specced plastic castors for the front wheels. The nilfisk own brand has better quality metal castors w rubber tyred wheels.
The hilti and festool come out well but of course are costly. The nilfisk made (I think) Makita comes out top value. The only vac that significantly under performed was the dewalt.

And as a bye the bye - there are two companies who seem to dominate the market in making motor / turbine units for vacuum cleaners. Domel from Slovenia and Ametek Lamb from the US. Domel being higher quality overall. Looking at fleabay the other day, you can buy a brand new domel motor that fits the GAS 25 and GAS50 for under £100 delivered, so even if the used Bosch was worn out, that's the kind of money you're risking.

Sideways - thank you so much for sharing this - it's absolutely invaluable information you wouldn't get elsewhere!!

I'm going to go for it and if / when the motor wears out then I'm covered for less than a third of the cost for a new one :)

Many thanks again,
B

Back