Router for table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohowson

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a router table and a Wickes 1500W Router.

After an hour putting the table together, I attached the router. It didn't sit in the provided gap, and then I find it's got no power switch lock.

So I packed it up, looked at the Bosch POE 1200 AF router. More money but the Axminster website says it can be used in a table. But *that* doesn't have a power lock switch either.

I really want to play with this - help?

I'd really would look for a 1/2 inch router if you're using it in a table.

I think the Bosch POE only takes 6mm bits?

Have a look at Triton if you want a table mounted router.

Good point. The Wickes one did 1/2" as well. Hopefully I can get a refund - not sure where the receipt is. Screwfix has a Titan with lock off switch for about £5 more

I have the Bosch router in my home made table and as Bodgers says all I have done is zip tie the switch in the on position and mount an on/off switch on the front of the table. It’s not NVR though, just a cheapie green button on red button off from eBay.

My table has the switch already. If it’s can get a refund I’ll go get the Titan. If not I’ll exchange for the Bosch but that’s an extra £30

Don't both with the titan/erbauer, mine has only been used about a dozen times and already the bushes are sparking.
Spend a little more and get the Triton that has been specifically designed to work in a table.

it’s still £140 which is too much for something I may never actually use. I’ve bought a cheap 1/4” one that I know should fit the table. If it’s something I find myself doing more of I can invest more in future. Thanks for the advices though :)

Back