Hollow tailstock centre for centre boring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nipper7657

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Record 24" lathe which I have had for about 20 years. I was in the forces and have moved a lot. At some point, I have mislaid my hollow tailstock centre which I used for centre boring (I have the boring tool which is 7mm thick). I can't seem to find any references to the centre anywhere that would enable me to buy a replacement. Anyone got any advice please?

I have a Record CL1 and the Axy live hollow tail stock centre and they go together well. I also had a drill bit welded onto a length of steel rod, put a handle on the other end and that works a treat too. You still have to pull it out and clear the lands regularly, very regularly.

The one you have linked to is not a live centre Trevanion, this is the one I have but mine is older and without the chip holes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-e ... n-ax923985

I am not familiar with the details of the lathe and didn't know about the taper size. None of the Nova lathes ever came in a number one Morse taper so that would be why they don't offer that size. The Nova stuff is available in the UK and thereupon of the link to New Zealand was because they had the best description. No problem though as the info might be useful to someone else.

Pete

No worries. I didn't take it that way. Words on a screen don't convey the same information that you get when you talk to someone. No voice inflection or body language. ;)

Back