Going To Be In This Months The Woodworker Magazine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Oppressed Slave of Gary The Cat
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
My rocking horse/giraffe will be in the next issue of The Woodworker magazine.

It's out this Friday.

Just thought I'd share the news with some of my fellow wood butchers.

1bfa52259fdc2389534734439f3dd2f8.jpg

Congratulations! A cracking project that's a welcome change from yet another router table build!

=D>

looks great - I should probably buy the magazine to find out, but is it covered in material or is that paint/wood-stain (however you did it, it is very effective!).

Great stuff Dorris! Front cover! You pop star you. You'll be getting taxis everywhere and not saying hello to the postman next like that Antan D'ec European fella off the TV I keep hearing about who likes a drink.
I might actually buy a copy for the first time because unlike Nabs I'm not tight! lol! :-"
As a side note I'd also like to know why Giraffes bother with camouflage. 'Mate. Really. We can still see you. You're an alien space camel with a 30 foot neck, decorative mini horns and a three foot tongue that can lick its own ears, the patches are not doing it fella'
Congratulations Dorris.

Bm101":1f11rynl said:
I might actually buy a copy for the first time because unlike Nabs I'm not tight! lol! :-"
you can avoid this by having a quick mufti at copy in WH Smiths!

Giraffes are remarkable creatures - How do you avoid continuously fainting because your neck is so long that every time you look up to eat a leaf all the blood drains from your head and your brain goes wrong? Grow a second mini heart at the base of your neck to maintain blood pressure.

Obvs when you think about it.

nabs":hxsnnt6x said:
Bm101":hxsnnt6x said:
you can avoid this by having a quick mufti at copy in WH Smiths!

Giraffes are remarkable creatures - How do you avoid continuously fainting because your neck is so long that every time you look up to eat a leaf all the blood drains from your head and your brain goes wrong? Grow a second mini heart at the base of your neck to maintain blood pressure.

Obvs when you think about it.

And they have precisely the same number of vertebrae in their neck as we do.

Further, there is a nerve (called something like the pharangeal nerve) which connects the brain to the pharynx, a direct distance in a giraffe of some 6 or 9 inches. However, because of the ancestry of all mammals being fish, this nerve travels a total distance of about 20 feet in a giraffe.....down the neck, around the aorta, and back up the neck again.

It is fairly easy to tell the age of a giraffe, as their colouring darkens as they get older.

Giraffe tongues range from purple to bright blue.

You want more? I've got plenty.........

nabs":3osri8eb said:
looks great - I should probably buy the magazine to find out, but is it covered in material or is that paint/wood-stain (however you did it, it is very effective!).
It's in next month's issue in how to do it. But it's just a mahogany stain and an artist's paintbrush. It worked quite well with the oak which was a nice surprise

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Back