Bandsaw buying advice -- Help!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilfage

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Firstly, thanks in advance for any help given. Really could do with some if possible, spending too much time on forums and not getting any closer to pressing the button on a new bandsaw!!

Im stuck between a Startrite 352e single phase ex demo but literally in perfect condition @ £995 (is this a good price?) or a Record power Bs400 or 350 Sabre. I can get the record power ones around the £800 mark.

Is the Startrite worth the extra? It is at the top end of my budget. Are there other brands I should be looking at?

My main use will be cutting hardwood of various thicknesses for furniture making. Im really interested also in re-sawing up to 8-10 inch max and also cutting some veneers. All just hobby use , (few hours a week)

I can't go 3 phase and I've already been bitten by the "buy cheap, replace soon after" bug so don't intend to go that way again.

Im based in Northern Ireland which means very little 2nd hand stuff comes up.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Will

Why not three phase...
Are you sharing space in a professional workshop?
There's a C5 thats close to you, which pops up now and again on done deal
I would hold out for it if you can

Look at the thread underneath titled ....Best £1,000 bandsaw
As you could be describing what you need a bit more thoroughly
Tom

Thanks for the response Ttrees,

Just a single garage workshop at home I'm afraid so I can't do 3 phase , unless I look at VFD's etc , which doesn't scare me off, just don't think my light hobby usage really needs it...

I do check done deal quite regularly, ill keep a look out thanks.

At the moment I'm stuck between the Sabre 350 and the single phase Startrite 352e, I just don't know if the asking price of £995 is a a good one for the Startrite or not. Looking back at a lot of older posts on this forum it seems the price of all of this type of machinery has sky rocketed in recent years!

Will

Back