Nick Offerman vid.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahahahaaaa haha - why doesn't this have any replies - this guy is funny, that laugh @ 2.23 had me roaring I almost choked on my coffee, you can even hear the production staff laughing.

Many thanks for sharing.

Funny :)

Reminds me of that guy in "parks and recreation"

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That was fun!

There's a follow-up, more serious video, where Nick does a tour of his workshop:

https://youtu.be/zIA2Xl8P7Es

Love Parks and Recreation, too - very frustrated that it's on Netflix in the USA but not here.

Thanks for posting it.

E.

PS: I think the little girl actually deserves 7 1/2, as you can only see one of her feet - the other one probably has a protective boot on it. We should encourage the youngsters...

He's now doing a new show - think Bakeoff but with making stuff. It's leaning a bit more towards "things you can make on camera in an hour" which sucks, but hey, maybe it'll move towards cooler things. I mean, Bakeoff was pretty bad the first year or two compared to now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URLCRZuttCs

MarkDennehy":2yqbn9yw said:
I mean, Bakeoff was pretty bad the first year or two compared to now.
WHAT!!! You mean Bakeoff used to be worse!!!

(Apologies to any Bakeoff lovers but I'm totally PEE'D off with the amount of cookery programmes on tele these days :evil: :evil: :evil: ).

Well, worse in terms of the complexity and quality of the work attempted by the bakers. From the first season to the last just before the bean counters descended to try to strip it for parts, there's a massive difference.

MarkDennehy":219k1dkr said:
He's now doing a new show - think Bakeoff but with making stuff. It's leaning a bit more towards "things you can make on camera in an hour" which sucks, but hey, maybe it'll move towards cooler things. I mean, Bakeoff was pretty bad the first year or two compared to now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URLCRZuttCs
He's got Jimmy of the the Diresta clan on it too.

I lost 45 minutes of my life that I'll never get back watching episode 1 of "Making It". What utter dross. I was hoping it would be a woodworking show, but it turned out to be Bake Off with hot glue, paper and felt. Having Jimmy Diresta associated with it got me interested as he's one of my favourite Youtube makers but it seems he didn't actually have much to do with it.

It was just lots of drone shots of the workshop in the woods, lame jokes and over-enthusiastic Americans. I'm not a huge fan of Nick Offerman, but on this show his usual deadpan delivery seemed forced and unnatural.

The quest for a decent programme about making things continues...

Well, yeah, like I said:
think Bakeoff but with making stuff. It's leaning a bit more towards "things you can make on camera in an hour" which sucks, but hey, maybe it'll move towards cooler things. I mean, Bakeoff was pretty bad the first year or two compared to now.
It's more tied to the "Maker" movement than woodworking specifically.

Back