Ear defenders with audio via bone conduction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-wan

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a pair of bone conduction headphones for a while

https://aftershokz.co.uk/products/trekz-titanium

Recently discovered the work really well undr ear defenders. The headband just sticks out through the ear defenders in the same way as the legs of your glasses would.

Still keeps out plenty of noise and you can listen to music radio audio books etc via Bluetooth from your phone while using power tools and noisy vacuums.

Hope this is of interest to someone

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

E-wan":1hgj42uh said:
I've had a pair of bone conduction headphones for a while

https://aftershokz.co.uk/products/trekz-titanium

Recently discovered the work really well undr ear defenders. The headband just sticks out through the ear defenders in the same way as the legs of your glasses would.

Still keeps out plenty of noise and you can listen to music radio audio books etc via Bluetooth from your phone while using power tools and noisy vacuums.

Hope this is of interest to someone

I've been thinking about this today. What's the sounds quality like ? I think they might be perfect for dog walking cause I'd still be able to hear traffic/bicycles etc. I had some custom headphone plugs made years ago as I always found the in ear headphones would come loose and annoy the heck out of me. They've since broken and the headphones the plugs were made for are discontinued. Can you crank them up loud and does it sound clear ?

Using just the headphones without ear defender the sound quality is very clear for radio and audio books. For music is still good but veries somewhat depending on what you're trying to listen to. For example classical pieces are harder to hear because you have all the ambient noise coming in as well. For the same reason the headphones don't work too well on a particularly busy street. Although when walking in the countryside you can hear birdsong another natural sounds along with what you're listening to.

Using them with ear defenders on top the sound almost seems clearer than without.

Ewan

Thanks for your quick reply Ewan. I like a variety of music but generally quite bassy. I don't think I'll rush out and get some just yet without doing a bit more research.
Thanks again
Coley

Latest posts

Back