First dip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fernando F

Reaction score
Hi guys

A newbie here - thanks for all the information on the site, it's very helpful to fight my ignorance!

I hope you guys can give me some advice - recently moved to a new property, and would like to convert the garage to a workshop / bike / kayak storage. I know my way around tools, wood etc... so I am hoping to tackle it myself (probably some assistance if I decide to install more sockets). The place is 460 (L) x 265 (W) x 220 (H), with poor insulation in existing walls.

I am thinking of standard wood frame (2x4s) with foam pannel insulation on both floor and walls. Plywood or DMF on walls, and outdoor decking boards plus anti-damp membrane for the floor. I am lost when it comes to the ceiling - the current insulation seems sufficient, but I wouldn't like to create a cold spot once the rest of the sides are insulated. Any ideas?

Hoping you can give me some basic guideline, things to consider, before buying materials etc... Once I start I will definitely have more specific questions - thank you! !

Back