Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul200":32bp190u said:
Pizza peel is great (and been added to my 'to do' list) - but pineapple? On a Pizza! :shock: :roll:

I didn't use to like it either but I guess things change, one of my favorite pizzas at a nearby place is pepperoni, jalapenos, pineapple and hot sauce. It's a strange but superb combo.

added some domed brass screws to the workbench drawer frames, even though it's unlikely anybody will see them,

drawer frame with domed head brass screws by Ben Tyreman, on Flickr

made the workbench shelves that sellers recently made a video about, added a chamfer to make it a bit more special

workbench shelves #2 by Ben Tyreman, on Flickr

and for the last 2 months I've been working on making a tool chest, although it's not quite complete yet, I'll post another photo once it's painted and the lock and lid stay is installed

Joiners Toolchest before adding the handles by Ben Tyreman, on Flickr

Joiners Toolchest by Ben Tyreman, on Flickr

Pizza peel is great (and been added to my 'to do' list) - but pineapple? On a Pizza! :shock: :roll:

:lol:

thetyreman":2g4e3kxs said:
added some domed brass screws to the workbench drawer frames, even though it's unlikely anybody will see them
and for the last 2 months I've been working on making a tool chest

But you know the brass screws are there, and that's all that counts!

And the tool chest looks impeccable, there's no chance of missing the craftsmanship there!

=D>

Nice chest Tyreman!

Something a little different, “can you guess what it is yet”?

ebdcba8257559c49c18b81d74d3f69a8.jpg

Sawdust=manglitter":3jnx1z7w said:
Nice chest Tyreman!

Something a little different, “can you guess what it is yet”?

some kind of massive jelly mould, and you've used blue jelly

Oh, all right then! How about a new dust & chippings bin for a Thein or cyclone DE?

OR, it could be a massive coffee pot for when yer mates come round :D

Ok i’ll tell you... i’m making a big vacuum chamber for the new vacuum pump i bought a couple of weeks ago ready for stabilising some wood. The blue stuff is just clear silicone mixed with some dye (wanted to give it a go) and the photo is the pressure pot in the silicone to ensure the silicone dries to the exact shape for a (fingers crossed) perfect seal. I’m still waiting for the plumbing parts, vacuum gauge etc to get delivered before i can finish it, but i’ll make a wip of it if anyone was interested?

More lovely stuff here recently. Tyreman I'm going to steal those shelves for my own bench. I especially like the tucked away sharpening stones. Like a tidier version of Rob Cosman's setup.

Are you making a tool chest based on the Anarchist's Toolchest? Looking forward to seeing more of it!

I spent a couple of hours the other night making a magic wand for the infant. It was pretty fun to make, no set plan just shaping a piece of oak until it looked right. Oak has quickly become my favourite wood to work with.

5XEYU4h.jpg

mRG0Yhz.jpg

r66tvWW.jpg

El Barto":2ha1tg48 said:
More lovely stuff here recently. Tyreman I'm going to steal those shelves for my own bench. I especially like the tucked away sharpening stones. Like a tidier version of Rob Cosman's setup.

Are you making a tool chest based on the Anarchist's Toolchest? Looking forward to seeing more of it!

here's a link on how to make the shelves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaLVkNikYeQ&t=2s sellers goes through each stage, then the toolchest is on woodworking masterclass but a paid for project called the joiners toolbox, I didn't modify or change anything because I liked the design so much, I'm about to install the lock and escutcheon which is another new skill to learn for me.

Toolchest : Key/Brass Escutcheon Detail by Ben Tyreman, on Flickr

today I completed installing a brass inlayed escutcheon, it's my first go at anything like this, it isn't perfect but it'll be painted then sanded over, the lines around the edges are pencil marks, what would you recommend when painting it? mask it off? or sand straight through it, I'll be using chalk paint for it.

A&E Squire 2" Brass Mortise lock by Ben Tyreman, on Flickr

and completed installing the lock, it was worth getting a good one by A&E Squire, they are very well made worth what they cost for sure.

Chest with lock and Escutcheon by Ben Tyreman, on Flickr

and finally a shot of the whole chest with the new escutcheon

Occasional table made to go on the decking I have just about finished.

Occasional table by Racers, on Flickr

Made in 2 hours using mostly hand tools apart from a jigsaw to cut out the top.
Apple branches from my apple tree for the legs.

Pete

Back