Regency dining chair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Established Member
Reaction score
Michael's chair2.jpg
Michael's chair1.jpg

I have been asked to repair and re-cane this Rosewood Regency dining chair. The customer is rather discerning and would like to have like with like.
My problem is that I do not have any Rosewood and was hoping that someone in "woodwork land" might have a piece that would fit the bill in exchange for cash money? I need a piece 400mm long and 40 x 30mm in section.
Here's hoping
John

Attachments

• Michael's chair1.jpg
    Michael's chair1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Michael's chair2.jpg
    Michael's chair2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 96
John, you don't need any Rosewood, you need the right Rosewood, otherwise it'll stick out like a fish in a tree. Your best bet is Honduran Rosewood.

Call Bob at Timberline in Kent, pretty sure he has Honduran in stock and he'll post small pieces. Make sure you're sitting down before you ask the price!

To illustrate the point about different Rosewoods. Here are some boards from my store, on the left is Rio Rosewood and on the right is old growth Indian Rosewood,
Rio-Indian-Rosewood.jpg

I'm sure you'll agree these don't look much like your chair.

But here's the Honduran Rosewood from Timberline, it's a much better match, http://www.exotichardwoods.co.uk/Woods_ ... sewood.asp

Attachments

• Rio-Indian-Rosewood.jpg
    Rio-Indian-Rosewood.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 59
Back