Spindle moulding curiosity

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pulleyt

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm having a good sort out now that I'm a bit clearer which way I want to develop my workshop and I came across some spindle moulder blocks and cutters that I bought in the late eighties to make some cabinet doors for our kitchen. I haven't seen anything like them since I've started looking at woodworking equipment sites etc again so I'm assuming they are no longer considered safe to sell.

SpindleMoulderCutterQuery.jpg

The blocks/discs are a standard 30mm diameter with no identification on them. The cutter packaging is in french and I bought them for use with a Kity machine (although I don't remember ordering these as Kity blocks and cutters). They were bought in the UK, possible from Poolewood when they were in central Nottingham. The two blocks were stackable and could be swapped to cut the profile at the ends of the rails. I also bought cutters to make raised panels which could be fitted into the same block/disc.

Before anyone gets worried about my safety, I must add that a spindle moulder doesn't fit into my plans going forward and the shaped profiles shown above have been stored with the cutters all these years :)
But before I chuck them in the metal recycling bin, I thought I'd check if they could be of use in the 21st century.

Thanks, Trevor

Latest posts

Back