Unicorn patern

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honest John

Established Member
Reaction score
Just finished my first simple intarsia project. .... the goldfish out of Kathy Wises book. Turned out ok ish but my daughter thinks it’s wonderful. (I think daughters are wonderful). She tells me that my grand daughter is into everything unicorn, ant that she would love a unicorn wall hanging, or whatever. I have searched my library of books and also scoured the internet without success. I did find one patern in the USA but didn’t much like it, and it would have been expensive anyway. I don’t feel artistically competent yet to make my own patern, so would anyone know of any sources of unicorn based patterns ?

On google search there is images tab.
I’ve just searched for unicorn stained glass pattern and that brought up some nice ones.

Some people also use colouring in books for patterns. Lots to choose from and cheap to buy.

I’ve bought some intarsia books by Judy gale Roberts and Kathy wise. Some great patterns but not seen a unicorn in the books I have.

If you find a image make a few copies to allow you to cut out the sections.

I will have a look and see what I can find but everyone likes different things. I saw a nice unicorn head on image search but you might want the whole body.

Hope you find something and if you can let’s see a photo of the fish you made.
Andy

This is the one I liked from spectrum glass

Attachments

• DC56D553-70B9-4F01-A7E7-DF36B8B1C2D1.jpeg
    DC56D553-70B9-4F01-A7E7-DF36B8B1C2D1.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 326
Thanks for the replies Silversam. Never thought of looking at other images, I guess it’s because I don’t feel confident at making a pattern from a coloured image, although I guess it can’t be too difficult. Seems a bit arty rather than the crafty processes I am usually involved with. I only realised today that a unicorn is just a horse with a horn! Kathy Wise has a suitable patern in one of her books so I think I might just use that.
34A2D569-7335-4C9B-9287-3259B5E41E34.jpeg

Attachments

• 34A2D569-7335-4C9B-9287-3259B5E41E34.jpeg
    34A2D569-7335-4C9B-9287-3259B5E41E34.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 279
I know nothing of intarsia John. But I click on the links on ukw sometimes because it's good to keep an open mind and it's even better to have your mind changed I think.
My lass is a unicorn lover too.
Struck me when I googled there seems to be a paucity of designs. Admittedly I've been looking for five whole minutes.
Horses however... :D
http://www.craftsmanspace.com/free-proj ... -plan.html
Hobby horse plans. You'll need to adapt them. A bit. :D (I'm keeping away from getting the horn puns as much as I can here.)

87KIRX1.gif

These might not be to your taste but if you can get the horn on yourself you might find something under horses.
God. There it goes. I tried. I really did. #-o
Cheers,
Chris

How's the timing! Cross post.
I like the fish John. It's very good. Stop seeing the faults quite so much. You have the 'character' of it. It's good.

Love the fish John. You have done a nice job there.

A horse pattern sounds good too for a unicorn. Now you just have to design a horn.
Don’t forget to post a pic of the finished article. I like looking at other people’s intarsia work.
Andy

Back