Do you ever-

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you ever have one of those days where silliness takes over. Well today was one of those times just found the brightest colours I could and coloured the rim of this bowl. Funnily the wife loves it will have to take the white stick off of her and beat her around the head :lol: :lol: :lol:

Silly comments welcome as the usual ones

DSCF0433 (800x600).jpg

DSCF0435 (800x600).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0433 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF0433 (800x600).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 566
  • DSCF0435 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF0435 (800x600).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 566
Crikey i wish i could have one of your days,that bowl looks great,my sister in law loves that sort of look and something along those lines would be a idea for there anniversary present,can i ask if you use acrylic paint and what do you use as a final finish/sealer coat.

MARK.B.":3rqwt1fo said:
Crikey i wish i could have one of your days,that bowl looks great,my sister in law loves that sort of look and something along those lines would be a idea for there anniversary present,can i ask if you use acrylic paint and what do you use as a final finish/sealer coat.

They are Chestnuts Iridescent paints finished with chestnut acrylic satin spray applied in thin coats The black lines I used a pyrography machine and the number of segments worked out just right to give an even number for the amount of colours

As I mentioned elsewhere :-
Very 1920's, (Art Deco?) somewhere I still have similar pieces painted by my Mother, I believe Woolworths and art shops sold blank wooden candlesticks and dressing table accessories for home decorating.

Back