scrollsaw foot pedal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you recommend me a foot pedal for my record scrollsaw' also are they straight forward to connect up to the scrollsaw ?
Alan

You need one that's a non latching type, push on release off, deadmans I think they're called. I have a Draper one and it works OK, came with a saw I bought. If your saw has a NVR switch it will need to be bypassed for the pedal to work as the on/off switch.

I have fitted a foot pedal to my Parkside scroll saw. There should be a description somewhere on this forum. I was lucky and got help from some members on here.

take care
Don W

Thanks for that I am looking for the item on ebay but have not found the seller yet also I have sent a message to outlook so fingers crossed for me Alan

Any one of those greenish/bluish 250 volt 15 amp will do. I see the price is now around the £8 odds mark.

take care
Don W

I will order one in the morning now I know what one thank's Alan

Attachments

• FOOT PEDDLE.jpg
    FOOT PEDDLE.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,217
Hi Alan,
I have attached a pic. of some part I had sent to me.
It is quite simple if you have any electrical experience.
I have a selection of notes that I used and I could let ou have them if you wish.

take care
Don W

Attachments

• NVR P8220003.jpg
    NVR P8220003.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 1,271
This is the first folder of bits that I have. I don't know how restrictive this forum is so I will attach what I have in 2 lots. There are probably duplicate posts.

scroll saw  P8220001.jpg

scroll saw  P8220001.jpg

Attachments

• scroll saw  P8220001.jpg
    scroll saw P8220001.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,683
  • Speed and switch P8220002.jpg
    Speed and switch P8220002.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,174
I new I would have a problem with attaching things here that is why I contacted you on my private email.
Hope this helps somewhat.

Don W

Ill start from the foot peddle if you don't mind and send photo's when I come to the record scroll saw so I have attached some photo's of the foot peddle can you see them good enough to tell me what goes where ?? Alan ps ill send photo's of the switch on the saw later :oops:

Attachments

• DSCF9646.JPG
    DSCF9646.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,151
  • DSCF9645.JPG
    DSCF9645.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,151
  • DSCF9644.JPG
    DSCF9644.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,146
  • DSCF9647.JPG
    DSCF9647.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 1,150
  • DSCF9649.JPG
    DSCF9649.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,144
  • DSCF9648.JPG
    DSCF9648.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 1,145
NVR and spade connectors removed  P8300006.jpg
Hi Alan,
I will try and attach the next lot of information that I have.
I have tried to post some info. but I am confused by the way it is posting. As I said without your private email address it is pretty well useless

Don W
PS If you hover the mouse over the picture it will tell you what you are looking at.

Attachments

• Check P8300007.jpg
    Check P8300007.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1,115
  • NVR and spade connectors removed  P8300006.jpg
    NVR and spade connectors removed P8300006.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,637
sorry I sent you a private message last week I thought it would show my email add .Anyway I have sent my email add to you again to see if it comes through Alan

Hi All
firstly I am not an electrician but the way I have wired my foot pedal works a treat. I got an extension lead with 4 plug points, cut the lead in half and wired the foot pedal with feed in and feed out. This way I can plug in dust extractors (I use 2 ash vacs, one with the suction from the top of my blade and the other from the bottom) so when i press the pedal, the saw and the dust extractors start and stop together. I have used this method for about four years with no problem.

mock":a40ol9z2 said:
I will order one in the morning now I know what one thank's Alan

Alan and Don I came across your post during a google search of how to wire a foot pedal to a record scroll saw, I liked what I was reading and consequently purchased the foot switch in your post. I have now received the pedal and would really appreciate it if you would be so good as to share with me the photo's / instructions Don you shared with Alan.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you shortly. Thank you in advance Ian

Hi Ian,
There is quite a bit of info. on this. If you PM me I could send what I have.

AWS2.JPG

PNG Wire diagram.PNG

IMG_1765 r.jpg

take care
Don W

Attachments

• AWS2.JPG
    AWS2.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 635
  • PNG Wire diagram.PNG
    PNG Wire diagram.PNG
    86.5 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_1765 r.jpg
    IMG_1765 r.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 640
Hi Alan,
I have attached a pic. of some part I had sent to me.
It is quite simple if you have any electrical experience.
I have a selection of notes that I used and I could let ou have them if you wish.

take care
Don W
Morning Don hoping you can help me please, I want to fit a foot pedal controller by-passing the NVR SWITCH mine looks exactly the same as your image, which of the 3 wires around motor did you tap into for your foot pedal? Hope you don’t mind me bothering you,
cheers
keith

Back