scroll saw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
hi again ordered some flying Dutchman spiral reverse cut blades from Mikes workshop in the state, on the 7 th july received them today 15 th, 144 blades $38 including postage didnt think that was a bad deal.

take care
John

hi Brian I use spiral blades a lot doing plaques but cannot cut a straight line worth a dam with any blade straight or otherwise , these ones are new to me spiral reverse ,I am trying these as I hate sanding fuzzies off he back and hope this will cure that problem . I got these as I am cutting a plaque for my mate in aussie of a colt 45 pistol fully engraved and needed some #02 for some of the fine work, its tricky at times. There are some pegas blades that came with the saw, have tried them but much prefare flying dutchman or Cathy wise's / Judy gale Roberts - memory is not worth a dam - platinum ones especially for corian , got some others from her last time around but was not enamored. I have done a few of Charles dearings plaques unfortunately he has stopped selling them privately only on bearwoods site ,but they have put on 33% on the prices and then only some of them are for sale, I wanted to branch out into his larger patterns but will now have to try Alex fox plaques not the same selection, as Charles did a lot of western patterns, one was massive 4 ft 7 inches x 3 ft 4 inches , that's why I got the es 30 I will find something else to cut I am sure. I have put entarsia on the back burner or a while as I have a load of 200+ year old pine to get cut and planed to make stuff out of and it has lovely patina to it. will try and get a photo on here .

I watched a video of Steve goods site today and I finally found out why no one an cut a straight line with a scroll saw ,evidently a scroll saw cuts in an arc - no I did no know this and nowhere tells one this - so I learned some thing new today I always say if one dose not learn something new every day its pointless being here, hence scrolling etc

I want to learn all about hawking but no one will sell me one as I cannot walk, so that looks like the end of that one, if I could just get an injured one now that would be a game changer.

Sorry I digress do you live in Dunfries ?? if its the wrong spelling sorry I went on to the site where your large kite is on display hoping to see it , no luck.

sorry if I have waffled on
hope your tests come back favorably

take care
John

Hi went on original marquetry and the blade prices are about the same a copper or two either way, again it depends on the exchange rate, but the British banks are now - god bless em the robbing B******s dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed people - are starting to charge a fee to do the exchange £/$ so in the end it may well come down to buying from the above.

thanks for the information will give them a try next time around.

take care
John

Back