You Tube Vids

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I literally just watched the latest video on laying out all the lofting lines and how the setup floor works. Brilliant channel and Leo has a great presentation and really interesting stuff.

I'm dead jealous, lucky pipper.

screwpainting":yvychs44 said:
I literally just watched the latest video on laying out all the lofting lines and how the setup floor works. Brilliant channel and Leo has a great presentation and really interesting stuff.

I'm dead jealous, lucky pipper.

Indeed, the whole project is fascinating. Lofting, hadn't a clue what it was. Each episode brings more new terms and processes, likely more than the typical boat project because of the age and size of the Tally Ho and Strange's design principles.
Leo is good. Did he mention the name of the parrot? I've forgotten. The dog is a star as well.

Noel":34lzrjnh said:
I've only a passing interest in boat building but have been watching Leo Sampson for some months (Bristol originally, used to eat out of bins and eventually taught himself to build and sail boats) restore/rebuild an Albert Strange yacht for some months, well worth it. It's a big project so many more videos to come. Personally I think he was a bit mad to undertake the project (once the state of the boat became apparent) but that's turned out to be part of the enjoyment of following the build. You may notice a parrot as well....:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-_lY ... hUA/videos

loving this too!

Noel":2q25fu0r said:

OK, boats AND parrots: I'll be a subscriber then. :)

We haven't kept parrots for >20 years, but I miss ours hugely. Still have a picture of one of ours on my desk... like any intelligent animal they need attention, and kindness, but it's repaid many times over. They make excellent pets, especially for city-dwellers like me.

E.

Mike was a ‘pick of the week’ early on in the podcast, and we’ve chatted a bit since then. Very nice guy, very down to earth. Apparently his workshop isn’t all that large - just ‘around 2500 sq ft...’; I guess it’s the camera angles that make it seem bigger, lol!

Doug71":1w62syi3 said:
Not sure if anybody has mentioned Mike Farrington yet, comes over as a very cool guy and his workshop is what dreams are made of, maybe it's actually too big if that is possible!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAlXNf ... u4ZQQmBmkQ

My shed is 7 x 5
That’s a ‘small’ work space
2500 sq ft is bigger than the ground floor of my house

gjhimages":1dz10dga said:
2500 sq ft is bigger than the ground floor of my house
2500 sq ft is over twice the total size of the average UK house, not just the ground floor.

In theory I have plenty of space in my workshop, especially as I have no large tools. Unfortunately my mess is like a gas - it expands to fill the space available.

Back