In the Pink

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Small hollow form 3" X 4 3/4" with an 1/2" hole sanded inside and out to 400grit then textured on the outside finished with ebonising spray and dry brushed with pink iridescent paint Ok I know it does not look pink

DSCF0319 (800x565).jpg

DSCF0320 (800x596).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0319 (800x565).jpg
    DSCF0319 (800x565).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 569
  • DSCF0320 (800x596).jpg
    DSCF0320 (800x596).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 569
Neatly done, looks like I could learn a few wrinkles from you on the texturing front, not to mention the patience to spend the time achieving it.

CHJ":92chswyl said:
Neatly done, looks like I could learn a few wrinkles from you on the texturing front, not to mention the patience to spend the time achieving it.

The texturing took about an hour I was going for the all over but the wavy look I liked that much decided to keep it like that. Many people have the fear of texturing a nicely turned piece that they have spent time getting right and achieving a good finish on, but it is just a case of having a go leave the foot on so you can turn away if you don't like it. This piece was coloured twice first with gold to highlight the texture but it just did not look right so it was easy to just start again with the colour without having to turn it again as the form is only 1/4" thick.

Dalboy":2p6pwn7k said:
The texturing took about an hour ........
Guess I'm just going to have to learn how to use these with a bit more enthusiasm.
cutters-burrs.jpg

Attachments

• cutters-burrs.jpg
    cutters-burrs.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 516
Dalboy":1j8rehuy said:
Take frequent stops to rest your hands depending on the machine you have.
Just a cheapish Dremel look-alike with a flex drive attachment Derek, got it initially to help blend in 'natural defects' to look a little less obvious, time will tell if I have enough patience to match your efforts and warrant more robust kit.

What was the driver for the production of the small hollow form, request for such, or just an exploration of technique or feedback?

Just fancied doing that size as well as a good use of some of the smaller blanks other than small bowls. Having the flexi drive helps as it is not so big in the hand making it more comfortable to use. I use THIS ONE with the drilling head.
And a better idea of size of size

Got that kit on the maybe list after seeing your use of it before, just need to see if there's enough inspiration forthcoming to put it in the shopping basket.

Latest posts

Back