I am going awol tomorrow

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
hi you all I am going awol from tomorrow I do not know for how long, I am gong into Southern General Hospital in Edinburgh am Tomorrow for a back investigation / operation and A) do not know how long I will be in B) how long it will be before I get back into the workshop so have fun catch you as and when and I look forward to seeing all the new projects when I get back on line

take care and have fun

John

PM system savaged me , sorry John . The message was supposed to read "get well soon and bring some salt. Most hospitals I've been in treat it like Cyanide, and the food needs the help badly.

All the very best Aramco. Not fun, but mine (3 so far, and hoping that was the last) have all helped tremendously - AND regular Physio afterwards.

Fingers X'd mate

Good Luck John and if they let you out for good behaviour try and visit the Zoo you might get some ideas for your projects.

Brian

hi all got home today so its back to work again , got offered and op on my back but they couldn't say whether I would be better or worse after the op and there could be side effects - incontinence- so declined and came home .Good to be home.

thanks for all the good wishes

take care

John

Welcome (back - sorry!) home mate. Sounds like you made a good decision - "all backs are the same" - "and every one's completely different to the other" (if you know what I mean)!

Did they say anything about Physio? Do you already do it?

without knowing whats wrong, have you considered a chiropractor?

almost 40 years ago I was unable to work with serious and severe back pain. 4 separate GP's did stupid things (like measuring my legs to see if one had shrunk) and told me to get used to living in a wheel chair (2 young kids and a wife depending on my income). An operation was not even offered.

A chiropractor took two visits to get me back to work, and apart from another minor episode a few years after the first, (and a second visit) i have enjoyed the past 40 years of quite good health and activity, even though upright seats hurt a lot.

hi Again my lower spine is shot ,the tube down the center that takes the nerves down below has shrunk and the nerves are being nipped , I have had one op to sort this out and it did not work, the surgeon told me that I could have an op to TRY to sort this out again, but I would not get any more relief for the numbness in my lower legs and I still would not walk right and I would still not feel my feet any better than I do now, also there would be a very good chance I would/ could end up incontinent from both ends, my decision was too many minuses and not enough pluses = no op ,but I do have the option that if things get worse I could go back to see them.

Enough bad news I am back at the saw starting tonight.Th border collie's intarsia I have just finished my wife has claimed.

take care.
John

Back