the lure of Lidl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very interesting Brian. Proxxon have a good name, but here anyway, they aren't 'arf expensive!

I haven't seen those in our Aldi/Lidl, but then again, I wasn't really looking. Thanks for the tip.

Matt@":2ds3hcbf said:
Lidl seem to have the knack of stocking things you think you cant do without. Shades of Ikea I think :roll:
Lidl and Aldi stock a lot of things I think I might find useful, but I generally wake up within minutes and realise I don't actually need it. Only rarely have I gone the other way and even then only based on reviews here... mainly 4-piece chisel sets. The wife, however, does not have this awakening and regularly buys me things she thinks I might use... which is very kind, but there's no way I'll ever need a 2-dozen multi-pack of carpenters pencils, especially as she knows I use a marking knife and so bought me a selection box of hobby knife blades... neither of which I've even opened.

Ikea, on the other hand, can get stuffed with all their faux-Scandi cheap junk. Wife falls for their stuff quite regularly, partly because she only goes up there to buy a replacement for the last piece of cheap faux-Scandi junk she bought!!

Back