Dutch Table Extenders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs C

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the extending mechanism from for a dining room table with pull out leaves ?

Thanks

Thank you - Yes, the draw leaf table is what I am looking to make. I am sure I found the mechanism for sale somewhere about 18 months ago but now can’t find one.

Unless I am being very thick, all the runners I have found assume you put the extra leaf in the middle, either by storing the leaf separately or by a fold out/butterfly mechanism. I can’t find the Dutch ones where the extra leaf slides out from the end.

I had chosen the Dutch one as it looked the simplest to make where the additional bits are stored in the table. Your last option may be an alternative.

I am not sure if I am making sense, but can anyone suggest an alternative? What is the best mechanism to use?

Thanks

If it's a draw-leaf table you plan to make the bearers to support the leaves are simplicity itself to make. All that's required is two pieces of tapered wood, the sliders, for the leaf at each end and a dowel per bearer to act as a stop. The dowel is fitted to the underside of each slider so that when the leaf is pulled out it hits the inside face of the table's end rail. The only other requirement really is a centrally mounted bearer rail to support the sliders and a pair of locating blocks attached to the underside of the main leaf that fit over each end of the bearer rail. The mechanisms illustrated in the dblaney link provided by Woody2Shoes illustrate the principle pretty well, e.g., the one linked to below. Slainte.

https://dblaney.files.wordpress.com/201 ... =450&h=284

I'm sitting at at table just like the one in Richard's link. Old "G Plan".
It's a very common design and works really well. IKEA and others do similar.
The woodwork is simple but the geometry has to be spot on of course.
Could do some photos if that would help.

Back