Classic Hand Tools at Westonbirt this weekend.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I'll be free but maybe. Anyway thanks for the link, as it also advertised "Cut and Dried", our very own Richard Jones long awaited book on wood technology, via Classic Hand Tools. I've put in an order and look forward to it coming later this month!

MusicMan":3m6hp98g said:
I don't think I'll be free but maybe. Anyway thanks for the link, as it also advertised "Cut and Dried", our very own Richard Jones long awaited book on wood technology, via Classic Hand Tools. I've put in an order and look forward to it coming later this month!
I very much appreciate finding that out MusicMan. That news means I know of at least three confirmed sales of the book here in the UK, although I understand there are others, including at least one university and a college library. I truly hope you enjoy the book when you receive it. I think Classic Hand Tools are still waiting for the book shipment - their website (as of just now) suggests that's the case, but hopefully that will change very soon.

Anyway, your news is heartening. Thank you indeed for buying. Slainte.

Yes, I've just placed an order for "Cut & Dried" at Classic Handtools.

Which means I'll have a compact library of exactly two books by forum authors, because let's not forget Chris Tribe's excellent "Complete Woodworking"!

custard":1wztj0c0 said:
Yes, I've just placed an order for "Cut & Dried" at Classic Handtools.
Which means I'll have a compact library of exactly two books by forum authors, because let's not forget Chris Tribe's excellent "Complete Woodworking"!
Ah, that's good news custard. Thank you, and I agree with you regarding the quality of Chris's book.

On a side note Lost Art press recently released a PDF excerpt from the book as a teaser at the following link if other visitors to this forum are curious. Slainte.: https://lostartpress.files.wordpress.co ... xcerpt.pdf

You don't need to enter westonbirt arboretum to visit
The site is outside the entrance .
Not a lot of activity there this morning CHT have quite a lot of tooling goodies on display.

Westonbirt Woodworks.jpg

Tiled roofed Building on the left:- Workshops and chair displays etc.
Open building along the top :- Row of pole Lathes.
Open buildings on the right:- wood craft tooling and work area.
Open Building with shiny roof centre front of image :- Clasic Hand Tools display and work bench area.

There is limited parking (10-12 or so cars) and disabled parking down by the site entrance if you drive past the main carparks and down to the site.
Westonbirt Woodworksmap.jpg

Attachments

• Westonbirt Woodworks.jpg
    Westonbirt Woodworks.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Westonbirt Woodworksmap.jpg
    Westonbirt Woodworksmap.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 45
Back