Used Scheppach TS4010 anything I should look out for?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
While on the hunt for a new table saw a used Scheppach TS4010 has come up for sale near me at a very good price. I was looking for something more industrial but these seem to get good reviews so I am thinking about it.

Some of the adjustments were not as smooth as I would like but it was caked with sawdust inside, I'm thinking with a good clean and some grease it might be okay?

Has anybody ever replaced any bearings on these things and are parts still available?

It has a 13amp plug on, it seemed to run fine but when I was researching them I got the impression it would need a 16amp supply?

It has the aluminium top and sliding carriage, anybody got any experience of this saw?

Thanks, Doug

I got one, had to change the switch internals, apart from that seems bullet proof and very very accurate. Little bit unstable on the undercarriage when sliding carriage and table extensions fitted but apart from that alls fine. Run mine on 13amp plug with no issues. Recommend to anyone.

I use one of these at work and am very happy with it. Mine is plugged into a 16amp socket. I find the micro-adjustment on the flip-down sliding carriage and the micro-adjustment on the fence to be very useful for easily creeping up on cuts with minimal fuss. I use it to rip thin stock and cut full 8'x4' boards using the carriage. My annoyances however, are:

It's a right-tilt blade and you can't put the fence on the other side of the blade. So parallel mitres are trapped between the blade and under the fence. I've made sacrificial fences that the blade cuts into so that I can run a board across the fence to take off the corner, but it's not ideal and only works for that thickness of stock.

The mitre slots are a non-standard inverted T-shape, so aftermarket parts won't fit. It is an aluminium top though and there was a thread about milling the slots wider with a router that was successful.

The lift mechanism for the blade has failed on me before. I'm not sure if it was a combination of sawdust and gunk in the threads, or just bad design, but the phosphor bronze "spindle nut" that pushes the linkage up had narled up the M12 threads on the adjustment shaft. It was a real pain to get the mechanism out of the machine to take it apart, but I was able to machine up a new adjustment shaft from a piece of M12 studding and some steel tube and make a new spindle nut from another piece of steel with an M12 hole cross-drilled through it. Scheppach did have replacements for this available from a company called NMA Tools who were able to source one for £132.85 + VAT, but I felt like a challenge.

Otherwise, I'm satisfied with it. Having the space for the side table, outfeed table and sliding carriage make it a capable saw. It's just mitres that annoy me.

Hi, could I ask, what was a reasonable price? I have the chance of a 15 year old saw, but they are looking for £600.
Thanks

If it is one with a cast iron top, check that the mitre slots - which can be very useful even though they are tee slots, can be made parallel to the blade. On mine, I retro-fitted a cast iron top and it didn't have enough adjustment to get the slots exactly parallel.

Penllysbach":2kaaytgf said:
Hi, could I ask, what was a reasonable price? I have the chance of a 15 year old saw, but they are looking for £600.
Thanks

They were asking £450 for the one I looked at but it was a bit rough, you could tell it had been worked hard. I'm still not sorted with a decent table saw, looking for a Minimax Sc3 or maybe Sedgwick ta315 if anybody is wanting rid of either :D

Back