PlacidCasual's Workshop Build with Photos

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlacidCasual

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Peeps

I've nearly completely finished my workshop after a year of working on it. It was water tight in about 2 weeks but the cladding, painting etc is the bit that dragged on, particularly as I was having to use it for various things the whole time. Just waiting for electrics now and then I'm done.

Clearing the brambles.
jCpfMWC.jpg

Getting rid of a stump.
ki0poOJ.jpg

Base ready to go.
odN5nEb.jpg

Base and first block work.
a7ZOrfn.jpg

Blockwork compelted.
vsRlER6.jpg

Framing underway.
XjspjB3.jpg

Rafter, doors and windows.
f2mSDRi.jpg

Felting midway.
heqYDdW.jpg

The swine that was fitting the drip edge.
IcBUoSQ.jpg

Panoramic of complete roof don't know how it will show.
Jr8yWfO.jpg

Cladding underway.
m0OL33t.jpg

Some tastefully done icicles. Although they do show the drip edge off nicely.
CAtto6s.jpg

Nearing the end, walls and ceiling painted.
mpqt2fi.jpg

My first workbench, I'll do a thread on that later.
ox2JMr9.jpg.

This looks like a great space, I really like the windows all the way round, lots of light and it looks great!

Will you be insulating it at all do you think?

I am at a similar point with mine, shell is built but now finding an electrician to run power to it, and reading all the threads on here to workout cable and circuit sizing!!

Yeah I’m really pleased with it. It’s about 3m by 6m so I can comfortably swing a 2.4m 2by4 around if I’m careful. I have no plans to insulate at present. Once I have electrics I’ll use a dehumidifier to control the humidity in the winter. Maybe a frost thermostated heater too. Got a few machines in there, a planer thicknesses, a bandsaw, a chip extractor and a small bench drill. More than enough for the kind of projects I have planned. Current items is an A frame chicken house to replace the current one..

If you are wanting to use a dehumidifier look for a desiccant type. This will work at low temperatures where is the ones based on a refrigeration element wont.

Ewan
PlacidCasual":3u2vgvaa said:
Yeah I’m really pleased with it. It’s about 3m by 6m so I can comfortably swing a 2.4m 2by4 around if I’m careful. I have no plans to insulate at present. Once I have electrics I’ll use a dehumidifier to control the humidity in the winter. Maybe a frost thermostated heater too. Got a few machines in there, a planer thicknesses, a bandsaw, a chip extractor and a small bench drill. More than enough for the kind of projects I have planned. Current items is an A frame chicken house to replace the current one..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back