Tenoner Refurbished?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
2/3 head machine what might be refurbished,replaced? Or are they such rock solid, reliable machines built like tanks,they only need a minor adjustment, now and again?
Ta.

Never had much problem with my 5 head Dominion and it looked like a rust bucket when it arrived. The only expense was new heads to bring it up to regs, and a couple of cans of WD40.

When I got my Multico it wasn't pristine but cleaned up well - as long as there is no real pitting there's not much to go wrong, belts and bearings are cheap enough.
I agree with chip shop with the cutters as they soon add up.

Merlin

I had an old Multico one, was different to most I have seen as the bars that the sliding carriage ran on were one above the other instead of side by side which seems the norm.

Could never get it set up properly, it always introduced a slight twist to the tenons, think something might have been broken on it and badly repaired.

I wasted money on it buying new cutter heads and fitting electric brakes to bring it up to regs, was glad to see the back of it.

Could you use your spindle moulder as a tenoner? Might be cheaper than buying a separate machine.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back