Dust Cap

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopCat 32

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new respirator , I have been looking at the Axminster APF evolution and the JSP Power Cap Active IP from toolpost, are these the same cap as they look identical, toolpost say beware of cheaper imitations, and looking at the weights there does seem to be a difference of about 200g , anyone own either of these and any comments good or bad? price is close (about a tenner in it) . any advise welcome

I have the Axminster one which I find very comfortable to wear it does what I want. I have had a piece fly off of the lathe and hit it straight on and it did stop it and no damage to the shield. I also have the protective film which goes over the visor so that any scratches it is easy just to replace that and not the main visor. It is also worth buying spare filter insets(round white pre filters) as well as a full filter set . The filters do last a long time but then I am only using mine as a hobby user

When I was looking for mine and looked at both of them they are so much alike that I get the impression that JPS make the one for Axminster but just put their name on it. I do not know for fact that this is the case. My decision was more to the fact that I needed to order from Axminster at the time.

They're the same thing. However it doesn't actually meet HSE requirements for sanding hardwoods, which is quite naughty considering the way its marketed. That said, its obviously better than nothing and I use mine all the time, not just when I'm on the lathe. Much better than a facemask that steams up your eye protection!

Latest posts

Back