today I started my next intarsia project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi again I started my next project today a border collie a stain glass pattern off the delphi site there a lot of them to choose from I hopefully picked what think is the best got to get back to work catch you later

John

Attachments

• Capture stained glass border colloie 2.JPG
    Capture stained glass border colloie 2.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 562
Started last night and will have to have a major rethink on the colour scheme and cannot make my mind p as the weather the dog has a collar and what the white piece is for at end of the collar if it should be there the collar should go through it any suggestions all welcome.

John

this has nothing to do with this project but is good news but the Dragonfly has arrived at is destination in Australia, so it appears as long as you make it clear on the declaration there is no bark and no hole apart from what you put in, stuff can get through I am awaiting to see if the at gets to its destination. It was posted supposedly sea mail at my local post office and should have taken 6 weeks land only took two if my reckoning is right , if it went sea mail they have got some mighty fast ships since I was in the merchant navy they must fly.

John

Hi all another update today I learned the the cat had arrived in Australia so sending stuff should not be a problem for anyone thinking of sending stuff to Aussie, just make sure you put on the declaration no holes in wood and no bark ,and the prices that the post office charge £8.40 ish for three quarters of a kilo for sea mail i a bargain as Brian once said " cheaper than sending stuff to Ireland "

happy days
John

tonight I got the Border collie finished all I have to do now is polish the marks out of the corian grrrrrrr

John

Hi Brian and thanks for the tips,I will put a photo on today some time, its made out of black and white coiran and wild mango .then It will be back to doing plaques for a while , two of Steve goods patterns the coal miner and mams workroom, for my wife's cousin and her daughter - miner for her cousin, as Like Sandra's dad hers was a miner as well, and the workroom for the daughter its her craft room not wood work quilting etc this is why I wanted the es 30 as deep down I love to do these plaques, to me as much as I like to intarsia - which by the way will never be in corian again if I can help it - the joy of seeing the picture come to life is a real good feeling, unfortunately they are never my patterns, I don't seem to have the patience to sit and figure a pattern out , although I have watched videos and had a little go it does not seem to be my way to go,enough rabbiting on got to get my chores done .

take care ya all
John

here is the next to finished Border collie,still needs the white in the eyes and on the nose .

Attachments

• IMG_0217 (Custom) (3).JPG
    IMG_0217 (Custom) (3).JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 421
got most of the scratches out using 1200 grit wet and dry followed with cif - sounds like a bad disease - put some varnish on the wood and white in the eyes hopefully get its back on maybe today??. Made a start on a couple of Steve goods plaques yesterday the coal miner and the craft room .

The spare part came for my band saw but the tapped holes on the piece my screws will not fit it, so now again back to the drawing board.

take care
John

Back