How to thank people -

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that info. BTW I have thanked you "properly"!

Why wasn't this announced? I GUESS because the person/people in charge (is that Charlie?) decided not to - or simply couldn't be bothered.

As much as I've always been a big fan of this Forum - and I remain so - I have in the past criticised "the powers that be" here for making changes without any prior warning - OR even advising after a change has been implemented.

I do appreciate that Charlie and all the mods have another life elsewhere, and repeat, I do value this Forum.

BUT (to repeat the basic theme of several previous posts of mine) implementing changes without prior warning (or at least the courtesy of notification after implementation) is "poor" communication to say the least - indeed it's NIL communication! That leads to a lot of unnecessary upset - as has been proven in these pages time and again since the original "recent" software update.

Sorry, but time constraints notwithstanding, I just do not understand this failure to communicate.

With respect (but also with some frustration) (hammer)

Thanks Phil. :)
Just to be pedantic, you have to be logged in to see the button which is the first one at the top right of every post.

It's nice to have a much requested feature back.

But can anyone answer this?

It used to be clear from a poster's profile how many times they had been thanked. So with (for example) Phil P, everyone could see that he's one of the most consistently helpful people on here. That was a useful feature and must have reassured many posters new and old that an answer from Phil was based on experience, not guesswork. This doesn't seem to be possible at present.

If anyone can find the hidden totals for Thanks and Likes, please tell the rest of us.

And Charlie, if you are going to make those totals easily visible on screen (without clicking through) I think that's much more useful than blank screen space and extend my thanks to you now.

Thank you Andy, for my ego booster. :D
The total number of "thanks" did appear again briefly on the profile, but has disappeared again. I miss he list of people that had thanked you as sometimes they didn't do it until weeks or even months after the thread - it was good to revisit the post and see if you could give more help or maybe send a PM. If they merely thanked you and didn't add another post you wouldn't know.

AES":1amlgir4 said:
Why wasn't this announced? I GUESS because the person/people in charge (is that Charlie?) decided not to - or simply couldn't be bothered....

No it was because I personally wanted to see if members followed the Projects Section after Admin wrote and implemented the new code and if they even observed such additions.
tb.jpg

where Admin would prefer the bulk of new work to be shown under it's own Title so that forum search parameters can find it.
pro.jpg

Attachments

• pro.jpg
    pro.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 457
  • tb.jpg
    tb.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 457
OK CHJ, thanks, I stand corrected, this change was not announced for a purpose.

So without trying to be "sarky", did not announcing this change bring the desired results (i.e. did most members find the new change)?

I dunno, but I do know that every time I visit this Forum I tend to use my "standard" browsing habits and will not usually find a new change before someone (another member) has pointed it out.

Perhaps that's just me (likely!) but I find that somewhat annoying and frustrating - MUCH easier to announce the change so that "the crowd" is sent in the direction desired - a bit like a sheep dog rounding up the flock I guess (sorry to mix my metaphors). So with respect we'll have to agree to disagree about communication. :D

Back