Noise cancelling headphones!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In ear or over Gerry?

I can't get away with the in ear ones but have a set of Bose QC25 headphones which I find are excellent. I originally bought them for long haul air flights but use them regularly at home as well.

are you looking for ear protection, as in PPE for the workshop, or some noise cancelling headphones to listen to music without the background noise, talking etc. Noise cancelling headphones are good, but I wouldn't risk using them either in a dusty environment or for hearing protection.

I had the QC25s which performed very well. They were fragile- one ear of mine stopped working. When I did some research online, the results suggested that this was not uncommon. At well over £200, it wasn't what I would expect, but having bought them 3 or 4 years previously in the USA, I didn't have any comeback.

I am looking for some more, and will probably go for Bose again, but have in ear ones. From my research online, nothing comes close to the performance of the Bose yet.

I'll be treating mine with a little more respect now Marcross. :shock:
The OP didn't say whether wired or bluetooth / wireless which is another consideration.

Same experience with Bose QC, left can stopped working, narrowed it down to the PCB in that ear. Bought a spare off eBay £15, bloody fiddly to unsolder and resolder the wires for speaker etc but fixed afterwards.

In my case I chose Sennheiser. I had good experience of their cans for hifi back in the day so I believed the reports which said that Sennheiser tend to beat Bose when it comes to musical ability and come close with their noise cancellation. I've been happy with the choice. Mine are an on-ear, folding model, bluetooth & wired. Small enough to squeeze into a coat pocket. They made a huge difference to my quality of life when I was doing long haul every month and they make train journeys easier too. I'd use about one and a half batteries in 15 hours air time.

I had Sony active noise cancelling ear buds for a while but they are nowhere near as effective as "proper" headphones.

I use the Peltor noise cancelling at work (way noisier than any wood shop) and they're good and robust. My 2nd has the bluetooth Peltors and I am a bit jealous.

Back