Poor service.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskywill

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on a dual fuel contract with Iresa Ltd for the past year or so. Despite submitting regular meter readings, they take months to update the accounts in spite of follow up e-mails and a couple of 40 minute 'phone calls.
I wanted to change supplier and sent the final readings on 12th March. For some reason they blocked the transfer of the gas contract but allowed the electricity contract to change. Their reason, sent on 24th May, was that they were waiting for a final reading from my new supplier. I subsequently received an e-mail, strangely dated 18th May, saying that they had received the final readings but would take up to 14 days to validate them.

Avoid them. Their service is rubbish.

We're with them too - cheapest tariff out there last I looked, that's the only reason why as I agree their service is rubbish. They recently got a formal telling off from the regulator specifically about not charging the appropriate rate according to the usage / readings, poor communications, etc...

Mine is Scottish Power, who seem to attract a lot of flak but I can't fault them. I enter the reading and it comes back immediately whether my DD needs altering - I try to keep it that I'm £30 or thereabouts in credit at the end of the year, and usually have to put it up after they've put it down.

Hi,
we've been with ovo for about for years now, no complaints not been on website for ages but was good, not much need with smart meters, an I think they give us 5% interest for anything we have in credit for D/D payments.

I think like banks they're all pretty useless. Just got to be lucky!

I used to be with NPower, happily paying £70-80 odd a month, providing meter readings, all is well. Then one day they lost my meter readings, estimated new ones and decided my new re-occuring monthly payment was to be £400! Did they estimate my 2 bed flat had transformed into a 20 room castle?!

I complained, they said they'd look into it and give me a revised monthly figure. No problem. Guess what their new re-occurring monthly figure was!

£5.

We've gone from 80 to 400 to 5.

I think they basically have a monkey that pulls numbers out of a hat and that's what you pay!

After a lot of chasing, Iresa sent me a final bill yesterday. I paid it immediately by bank transfer and received a thank you e-mail this morning to say that my account had been updated.

My electricity account now shows me to be in credit by the exact amount I owe on the gas account. Total incompetence!!

I've been with iresa for about 3 yrs now. No real complaints - my contract expired yesterday and I did look round a few weeks ago and nobody could beat their 'leccy prices, so I renewed.

I do log onto the portal every now and then and submit a reading. My account has been negative for a few months but since they can't be pineappled to adjust my monthly payments, I can't be pineappled to do anything either. LOL

I suspect were I to switch, things might get interesting but as that's not any time soon - I'll deal with it as and when it happens.

I do feel for the OP tho - nothing worse than rubbish customer service.

We are with N power, about 18 months ago we noticed our meter had stopped,, electric was still working fine so we reported it & asked for the meter to be changed. Now we have a 3 phase supply & mentioned this. The person on the phone did not know there was such a thing. An "engineer" turns up with a single phase meter, "Ooh i cant change that its 3 phase". More phone calls, On two occasions the engineer simply does not turn up. On two more we are told its cancelled at last minute as no 3 phase engineer available. Many more phone calls mostly to cretins. Eventually we get to speak to someone who actually knows their stuff.
New meter was finally fitted last week. Such is progress!

Dibs-h":28tibz5h said:
I suspect were I to switch, things might get interesting but as that's not any time soon - I'll deal with it as and when it happens.

No need to worry about this now - as you should have been told, they've gone bust!

The Saga continues.

Back in March I tried to change my gas and electricity supply from Iresa to Eversmart Energy. Because Iresa blocked the transfer of my gas account due to me owing them money, which was caused by them not direct debiting my account for four months, I was advised by Eversmart in May that only my electricity account had been transferred and have been paying them by direct debit since.
As stated above, Iresa has gone through and their accounts have been taken over by Octopus Energy. I am now told by Octopus Energy that, according to the National Database, I am still getting my electricity from Iresa/Octopus and they have now also sent me a bill for power used since March.

I give up.

Latest posts

Back