For Sammy Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
DeiUh0ZX4AA_YUu.jpg

OMG...How could I miss this until now!
Thank you Noel! Brings back MANY memories...some of them are even happy!
Is this your own effort or one of Uel Gordon's?

Sam.

Hi again Noel, got more time to compose a proper reply today. My gosh, that is a great reference site. I also knew of Uel Gordon and Neale James Photography doing similar things, maybe not so well, associated with the (now sprawling) "Limavady - Past & Present" Facebook page.
Viewing aerialvisionni's stuff really brought me back to the Roe Valley; an especially poignant thing, as, firstly, barring visits to parents, I haven't lived there for 37 years and secondly, we are probably moving soon to Alnwick in Northumbria, to be near our children, as my Missus has severe health problems. Being able to 'look from afar' is a great solace for me, given the circumstances. Thank you.

Somewhere, I have some old Agfachrome 35mm slides of Binevenagh, circum 1977-81 and a walk along the slumped faces it is so famous for. Up there is an alter stone, on the 'Black Path' that the R.C. community used to attend Mass when it was difficult to do otherwise. Crackin' walk if you ever get the chance to walk up BallyCarton Forest road, turn left at the top, at McAteer's/Smith's old cottage, and then head across the face of the hill.

May the wind be always at your back; Sam

Back