Adirondack in Sapele - What finish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made two small tables from leftovers from my pergola build.
Not much by you professionals standards, but from a man who never even finished the stool in woodwork classes55 years ago, I'm quite pleased. :roll: :shock:
Look out ikea, I'm coming....

small tables.jpg

table small.jpg

Very weird, I only posted two pics and its showing three. I cant even see it on the edit page, so ignore the double up.

Attachments

• small tables.jpg
    small tables.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 246
  • table small.jpg
    table small.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 264
  • small tables.jpg
    small tables.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 264
Very nice Bob, how did you treat them ?
Here is my matching table
7AOsJb7h.jpg

I dont have the weather problems you get with rain and damp so I dont have to work so hard to protect stuff. these are just finished with my usual wipe on gloss poly, Two coats though! =D>

They will be protected from the heavy rains we get a couple days a year, the rest of the time they are in the shade.

I like your table. Very solid. Makes me think of magazine racks with that side support.
But 2 problems we do have to contend with are very strong gale force winds regularly, so a table with a base smaller than its top is going to go over, and creepy crawlies up to and including snakes and lizards that like to hide in enclosed spaces, so that style with two large pieces of wood close together is a des. res. for loads of things that go bump in the night.

Back