Phishing scam BT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all

Just received a very authentic looking mail from 'BT' asking for an update to my account details, accompanied by a mild threat to disconnect my services if I don't comply.

It asked for all the details of a bank card including the security code on the back.

I spoke to BT and it's a scam.

Cheers

Dave

Why would you need to speak to BT regarding it, its an obvious scam. Just block them and delete it. No real company would ever ask you for that kind of information.

If any ISP is unaware of such things they can't do anything about it. Once they know, they might be able to do something about it. They were apparently unaware of it and asked me to forward it to them.

Cheers

Dave

Yeah
That's the way. I always report these scams do it with Tax, PayPal,Bt and others you my by doing this stop other people who are not so internet savvy from getting scammed.

We have been getting phone calls telling us that because of a problem with our BT internet caused by a compromised intrusion from Yanky Land press 1 or 2 to give a large donation to some low life who is trying to steal from us or we will lose our internet connection. So if this reply gooooooooeeeeesssss aaaa biiiit fffunnnny ttheennnn II knnnoww thattt it''''ssss true????

They must think that I rode up the River Severn on a bike? The message is a recorded jobbie and is the type of voice that you really like. Well, I do and I would like the person who it belongs to nailed to a wall! (hammer)

Jonzjob":2a4bpqy1 said:
They must think that I rode up the River Severn on a bike?
british_teenager_bikes_on_top_of_water_for_charity_wont_say_how.jpg

Attachments

• british_teenager_bikes_on_top_of_water_for_charity_wont_say_how.jpg
    british_teenager_bikes_on_top_of_water_for_charity_wont_say_how.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 346
Back