Lap-top sewing box for my wife

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seb Palmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

Thought I'd post my first (I think?) 'project'. And by that I mean it's the first thing I'll have posted here. Chronologically it's my umpteenth project. All depends on whether I can successfully post some pics.

The box was something my wife, Teresa, asked me to make her, in time for her 50th birthday. It's made from an old hardwood table I got via Freecycle. I was told it's Indian Rosewood (and I got the table and six accompanying chairs with a view to recycling for this sort of thing, and perhaps even musical instrument building).

I also recently made my dad a set of dominos from the same material. That was fun, and he loves them. Teresa made a velvet bag for the dominos.

Anyway, here's a couple of pics of the sewing box, as it stands. I'm hoping to add some kind of internal mechanism to hold the lid up, and an external catch of some sort at the front, for fastening the lid shut.

uhcxwpvDDEC1sFQG3

AF1QipMBx0a2pya4SbVxgki6meQ6TLxEFj7mAc-_c28U

... so, did that work?

Hmmm, well, I can't see the images. Can anyone else see them? I just see two boxes saying [image]...

Think you need to post a few times before you can post images (or something?) :?

Please don't give up - I would love to see your pictures because I'm currently making a sewing box/workbox for my wife. It would be nice to compare.

Cheers
Paul

Well, that last post seems to have worked; not ideal, but at least those last links took me to the google photo pics I want to show here

Ok, how about now:

IMG_1347.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

... certainly seems to be working for me now. Are they showing for you guys?

PS - the legs in this pic belong to an IKEA table, and are not part of the sewing box.

Thanks Custard. And Mike (love your Dr Strangelove profile pic!), got the foot at a boot sale ... ;-)

Latest posts

Back